Do these 10 stretches and you’ll feel brand new… all designed to help loosen you up after a long day on the course or at work.
This “Post Round” Stretch Routine will be part of my new C-4 program when it comes out next month.
I wanted to share it with you now and get your feedback… just ‘hit reply’ after you give it a shot and let me know how you feel.
The primary goal is to unlock your body after a long day of activity.
The secondary goal is to help you become more flexible… and over time… these stretches will improve your overall flexibility.
Just do them everyday and they will work just like compound interest.
Consistency is the secret here… you can’t just stretch one day a week. Try it at least every other day… preferably every day.
So here we go…
[ — BEGIN POST ROUND STRETCH —- ]
1. Upward Salute (30 seconds). Stand with feet together. Reach fingertips to the sky straight overhead. Press palms firmly together. Try as best as possible to stand completely straight from the ground to your fingertips.
2. Knee Hugger March (x10 per leg). Stand with feet together. Bring left knee up and pull into chest with hands. Return to feet together and bring up right knee.
3. Hip Circle (x10 per leg). Stand with feet together. Bring left leg up with thigh parallel to ground. Rotate your knee out to left side as far as possible and back. Repeat with right leg.
4. Arm Hang (30 seconds). Bend from waist and let arms hang down. If you can touch fingertips or palms to ground that is fine. Just let arms hang. Don’t force.
5. Calf Stretch (30 seconds per leg). It’s important to keep calves flexible to avoid Achilles issues. Stand 3 feet from wall and lean against it while keeping one leg straight and one bent. Focus in and hold.
6. Shoulder Stretch (30 seconds per arm). Move left arm across chest and support with right arm. If you have a wall handy, you can lean against it for a deeper stretch. Feel it in deltoid, chest, upper back.
7. Kneeling Hip Flexor (30 seconds per leg). Hit the deck into a runners stretch with one leg trailing behind you. Place both hands on ground and gently lean forward feeling the stretch.
8. Lying Stick Ups (30 seconds). Pretend you are making snow angels with your arms. Try to keep your elbow touching the ground as you move your arms from above head to hips.
9. Downward Dog with Calf Stretch (30 seconds). Knees below hips. Hands slightly forward of shoulders. Lift knees away from floor. Straighten knees without locking, pushing heels into floor.
10. Child’s Pose (30 seconds). Begin on hands and knees. Push hips back and place hands on ground in front of you. Relax and feel stretch in low back. Spend as much time here as you would like. Get up slowly.
11. Pigeon Pose (30 seconds per leg). Start in Downward Dog. Bring left knee between shoulders, place left ankle near right wrist. Extend leg so kneecap and top of foot rest on floor. Ease into pose. Some can fold flat after some time. This really works well on loosening tight hips. Work this in before Child’s Pose if you do it…
[ — /END POST ROUND STRETCH — ]
And if you’re serious about improving your flexibility, give my Rewind Bundle a look here:
There are 6 different flexibility routines in Rewind… all focused on unlocking your body for better movement and improving your neural pathways for better athleticism.
Click to see how it works (all with detailed video’s and printable follow along routines.
I’ve also added in the Tour Pro Warm Up and my EMF (Early Morning Flexibility) routine that is like drinking a pot of coffee without the crash.
Give these stretches a try and hit ‘reply’… let me know how you feel after your next round.
Christian “Gumby” Henning
P.S. Click below to check out everything you get inside the Rewind Bundle.
Leave a Reply